That's What She Said

Monday, January 24, 2011

Holy COW! I'm terrible at this!

So uh, what's this? 
Oh yeah!
Its my BLOG. 
Wow. 
So... Here's the rest of the "All about me in 30 days" that turned out to be 30 things that took me 2 and a half months to post.
ugh.

14) A photo of a person you'd like to trade places with for a day:
Make fun if you'd like but let's get a few things straight: 
She's young, talented, rich, beautiful, seems like a really good person AND got to date Jake Gyllenhaal. Uh yeah, sign me up! 

15) A photo of yourself and a new friend you've made this year:
I am super lame. I have none. Not any new friends, just no pictures of me with new friends. 
So how about a picture of my new BFF?
Can't beat that! 

16) A song that makes you cry:
Desperado by The Eagles. It reminds me of my dad and a few other people in my life. 
I'm kind of a cryer though, so there are a TON that make me cry. 

17)Your favorite website:
Well Facebook is the one I spend the most time on, but not sure if its my "favorite"
I don't spend a ton of time on the interwebs. I have a feeling I'll spend more time on here over the next few months. I really like:
Lots of condensed news and humorous stuff. For my short attention span. 
I've found some funny ones on there also:
Small keypad. Old Hands.
Notes From Chris
http://www.someecards.com/

18) A photo of your favorite memory:
obviously.

19) A picture of somewhere you'd like to travel:
Greece. Always wanted to go there. 

20) A talent of yours:
This is sad. I can't think of any... depressing.

21) A hobby of yours:
Making fake mustaches, but only because Mike HATES it so much. He seriously despises when I do this and it only makes it that much funnier. I did it to him at dinner in a crowded restaurant the other night. 
so. funny. 

Day 22) A photo of your future wedding:
A girl can dream... 
All that really matters is the dress... right? 
 I've always dreamed of a Forties themed wedding. Under a big white tent, outside with a real Big Band. 

Day 23) A photo of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently:

This is my favorite thing in Seattle.
Pike Place Market. 
So neat. 
If you haven't heard(if you're bothering to read my blog I'm sure you have),
we're moving to Seattle.
That is making a GIANT impact on my life right now.

24) A recipe:
Cashew Crusted Key Lime Pie:

Ingredients

  • 2 cups very finely chopped cashews
  • 1 cup finely ground graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 ounces sugar
  • 3/4 cup melted butter
  • 3 cups sweetened condensed milk
  • 9 egg yolks
  • 1 1/2 cups Key lime juice
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 orange, zested

Directions

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Grease a 9-inch pie pan and set aside. In a small bowl, mix together the cashews, graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup sugar, and the melted butter (you may choose to process the cashews and graham crackers in a food processor to finely grind them). Press crumb mixture into the bottom and sides or pie pan.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milkand egg yolks until smooth, mixing either by hand or with an electric mixer. Slowly add the Key lime juice and mix to incorporate. Pour into the unbaked crust and bake for 50 minutes or until center is set. Cool pie to room temperature; then refrigerate for several hours.
When pie is cool, make the whipped topping. In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream, orange zest, and remaining 2 ounces of sugar until it has reached the consistency of whipped cream. Spread whipped topping evenly over the cooled pie. The pie can be served immediately or allowed to set before serving.
I keep promising to make this for Mike. Maybe when I am a stay at home mom, I'll have time to bake!

Day 25) Your worst habit:
Procrastination and being flaky. 
I hate those things about myself.
Speaking of which, this is all Max will let me do tonight, he needs a cuddle.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home